The Saddle Hospital, making your poorly saddles well again.
“I’m delighted to report that Matt/Heritage Saddlery has just repaired the twisted tree in my jumping saddle. Others had advised me that a twisted tree was the end of the line for my beloved saddle, but after finding Heritage Saddlery mentioned on web forums, I sent it to him to assess. And hey presto – now all fixed (and for far less than the price of a new saddle)! Much appreciated.”
Lise Taylor, UK
Welcome to The Saddle Hospital,
Have you have been told that your saddle is no longer usable, repairable or able to be altered to fit? Well, you have come to the right place!
Maybe you have a saddle with a broken or squeaky tree, maybe a tree with broken bars or headplate. How many of you have spent hundreds, even thousands on saddles, only to find out that once purchased they just don’t fit and you are told that it can’t be altered to fit? You are then stuck with a saddle that you may struggle to sell and get your money back.
Do you have a saddle that you love but you wish it had knee or thigh rolls, longer straps, needs a new seat or new knee and thigh pads? You may wish it had suede seat and knee rolls or that Is it slipping to one side and needs some extra flock to help with this… Well The Saddle Hospital can help!
We can do all of the above, and even if the tree is completely broken beyond repair, we can track down a suitable replacement tree and put it in for you (This job may require a new leather seat too).
There is really nothing we cannot do to bring your beloved old saddle back into service.
Call or email Matt for a quote on 07930 840 780 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer the following service and repairs to any make/style of saddle:
- Full MOT’s to check you saddle over for any faults.
- Trees mended where possible, for example new stirrup bars, headplates, rivets replaced, etc.
- Restuff’s with English lambs wool or synthetic flocking, if preferred.
- Tree widening/narrowing (please supply a wither template for this service, we can help you with this).
- Add larger or smaller, knee or thigh rolls.
- New billet straps of all lengths replaced or type of billets changed from long to short.
- New seats inc’ matching leather, Suede, Doe, Elk, Nubuck, Schrumpf etc.
- New trees to replace broken ones or because you want a deeper or shallower seat.
- We can also fix, refurbish or replace panels in any saddle.
- Cair, air inflated type panels removed, and flocked panels added instead.
- Anything you may need doing that is not mentioned? Just call and ask us if we can carry that out for you.
To make and supply us a wither tracing for your saddle alteration please visit…. https://heritagesaddlery.co.uk/content/measuring-your-horse There are also plenty of videos posted on YouTube, on the subject of taking a wither tracing.
Once we have the saddle we will do a full and thorough inspection. Once it has been stripped and inspected by our team of highly experienced, Walsall based saddlers any other faults that are found will be logged and we will contact you, to discuss any jobs that need to be undertaken to get your saddle back into service. At this point we will quote any extra costs, of any further work needed to be undertaken. No work will be undertaken before we contact you and discuss the price.
Heritage have been in the saddle making business for generations, so we understand exactly how they work and how to fix all problems, in any make of saddle. Our prices are very competitive and we will always beat any genuine supplied quotes!
We accept saddles from, and post saddles, Worldwide.
Regards, Matt Marlow.
- Please note, we do not work on Synthetic saddles.